What we do
The Environmental & Law Planning Association is an independent association whose objects are to promote for the benefit of the public generally the understanding of environmental and planning law and policy in Northern Ireland and in particular to advance the education of the public in all matters relating to the development teaching application and practice of environmental and planning law and policy.
- Encourage collaboration between all those interested and concerned with environmental and planning law;
- Collate and disseminate information relating to environmental and planning law;
- Identify, review, advise and comment on issues of environmental and planning law and its application;
- Pomote, organise, sponsor, conduct (or co–operate with any other persons association or organisation in so doing) lectures, seminars, meetings, conferences and other educational events;
- Publish, print, distribute and issue books, literature and information;
- Organise, arrange and run functions, outings, meetings and events of a social, sporting or leisure nature, designed to promote social intercourse among persons interested in the objects of the Association in general and among the members of the Association in particular;
- Maintain contact with other similar associations;
- Make submissions and recommendations to government and other relevant bodies in connection with the objects of the Association;
- Make donations to such charitable objects in connection with the environment or environmental education.