Who we are
The Environmental and Planning Law Association for Northern Ireland (EPLANI) was formed in or around 1999 for the purpose of promoting the understanding of environmental and planning law and policy in Northern Ireland.
In particular, EPLANI aims to advance the education of the public in all matters relating to the development, teaching, application and practice of environmental and planning law and policy.
To that end EPLANI hosts or co–hosts a wide range of low cost seminars throughout Northern Ireland and related events. These events are open to everyone, with members availing of a discounted rate.
Membership of EPLANI is open to all persons or organisations with an interest in the association’s aims and objectives. Members are from a variety of disciplines and backgrounds and include planning consultants, environmental consultants, solicitors, barristers, architects, planning officers, interest groups, lecturers, students etc.
The benefits of membership include
- Discounts and/or free places at EPLANI seminars and events
- A variety of events organised by EPLANI with an average of eight each year, e.g., seminars, conferences, debate forums and networking events
- Topical and up to date subjects featured in each year’s programme, enabling Members to keep up to speed with changes and learn more about different aspects of their work
- Networking opportunities with other professionals
- Opportunities to influence environmental and planning law and policy
- Access to events which usually qualify for CPD points.